Developing High Performance Teams: What They Are and How to Make Them Work
- Fundamentals of High Performing Teams: Experience the advantages of high performing teams over traditional work groups. Understand the essential ingredients of teams and how to create them.
- The Team Charter: Members of departments, teams or work groups roll up their sleeves and create a charter that includes identifying stakeholder expectations and defining their purpose, desired outcomes, guiding principles, and ideal characteristics.
- Effective Meetings: Because team members are interdependent they need to come together to plan and coordinate their work. Yet few would disagree that many (if not most) meetings are poorly organized and run. Learn how to create effective and efficient meetings that result in action and accountability.
- Customer Focus: This module is designed to help team members become more customer oriented. They examine their current attitudes towards their customers, gather feedback from customers, prioritize their needs and create plans to better meet their needs.
- Managing the Process: This module is a mini-course in process analysis and improvement. Teams learn to map their processes, identify breakdowns and create plans to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of their processes.
- Team Roles and Responsibilities: Team members learn principles of empowerment, define and prioritize coordinating responsibilities and assign individual team members roles to help coordinate different aspects of the team.
- Setting Goals and Keeping Score: Participants, with input from management, create a balanced score card of performance measures. They evaluate current performance, set goals and determine mechanisms for viewing and publishing their results.
Skills for High Performance Teamwork
- Basic Communication: Improve relationships by practicing a powerful model of two-way communication to ensure that people establish mutual understanding before taking action.
- Giving and Receiving Feedback: This module has a number of learning tools to help participants give and receive feedback effectively. They assess their won feedback “style” and learn and practices skills in giving and receiving feedback.
- Group Dynamics: Team members learn how to observe group process. They learn behaviors that facilitate advancing both the task and relationship aspects of a group or team and identify ways to improve their own group or team process.
- Team Decisions: Making Things Happen: Understand several methods of group-decision making and the advantages and disadvantages of each. Learn methods of making wise decisions based upon a correct analysis of the problem and exploration of all alternatives.
- Team Problem-Solving: Participants are involved in several fun exercises in which they learn techniques for diagnosing and solving problems. They apply these techniques to real situations back home.
- Conflict Resolution: The Road to Win/Win: Learn about healthy and unhealthy ways of dealing with interpersonal conflict. Assess your own “style” and practice a powerful skill for resolving conflicts in a way that everyone wins.
- Time Management: Acting From My Priorities: Understand the difference between the urgent and important and develop habits of self-management that allow you to be proactive and not reactive in your use of time.
For more information, please click here