Principles of High Performance
- Traditional vs. High Performance Organizations: Participate in a powerful, dynamic simulation that will give you an experience help you know the differences between traditional and high performance work environments.
- Characteristics of High Performance: Study the characteristics of high performance organizations, the advantages and disadvantages and commitment required to get there.
- Building Trust: A fun and dynamic simulation that teaches you the results of win-lose strategies. You learn how to how to build trust and achieve win/win outcomes with others.
- High Performance Tools and Plans: Learn tools to transition to high performance and begin developing plans to go from where you are to where you want to be.
High Performance Leadership: From Control to Empowerment
- Principles of Leadership: Learn foundational principles of leadership, differences between management and leadership and differences between controlling vs. empowering leadership practices.
- Practices of Empowering Leaders: From research and experience, we’ve identified six practices of the world’s best leaders. You will do exercises to incorporate these practices into your own supervisory or management style.
- The Five Leadership Roles: Successful leaders work “on” systems not just “in” systems. They have a big picture view of what is happening in their organization/team and shift between five critical roles.
- Leadership Practices: An Assessment: Leaders receive feedback in how well they perform the five roles critical to their success. The assessment can be completed on line as a three-sixty feedback tool or personal assessment. The tool is often used at the beginning and following leadership training.
- Personal Productivity: Acting From My Priorities: Understand the difference between the urgent and important. Develop habits of self-management that allow you to be proactive and not reactive in your use of time and ensure that you use your time appropriately to your level in the organization.
- Performance Expectations: A Guide to Managing People: High performing organizations require more not less from their employees. You will learn to set performance expectations and then confront behavior that fails to meet those expectations.
- Empowering Employees: A Guide for Success: Learn to solicit commitment rather than compliance from others. You will learn the elements of empowerment and specific tools for instilling greater responsibility in team/department members.
Emotional Intelligence: A Plan for Personal Success
- The Integrity Model: The module teaches that more important than the events and circumstances of your life is the filter through which you view and respond to the events of life. You’ll learn a roadmap and practice and commit to a new and empowering paradigm to live from the “inside out.”
- Conquer your Key Moments: These are moments when we’re upset and things aren’t working. You’ll learn how you become trapped in self-defeating attitudes and behaviors and, more importantly, how to change your gut reactions and interpretation of events so you can act from a calm and confident state of mind.
- Embrace Reality: You learn powerful concepts and strategies to give up “negativism,” let go of resentments, complaints and blame and work in harmony with rather than against the way things are.
- Exercise Responsibility: Through enlightening exercises, you’ll claim ownership of the results you’re getting in life and on the job and learn to make positive, choices aligned with what you really want in the long run.
- Clarify Your Vision: This module helps you learn to power of vision and helps you clarify the results you truly desire and work through the negative thinking that keeps you from living your vision.
- Define Your Purpose: You will define your purpose and create a set of code of conduct by which you’ll govern yourselves on a daily basis. You’ll also learn to practice the techniques of affirmations and visualization to support you in staying on purpose and living your vision.
- Act with Integrity: You will come to understand the meaning of integrity and consequences of living from your own inner sense of rightness. You’ll also learn about the consequences of self-betrayal and deepen your commitment to living a principled life.
- Value Who You Are: This module helps you understand that you’re the primary source of how you feel about yourself. You’ll learn to accept imperfections and build upon your strengths.
The Trust Factor: Creating Win-Win Relationships
- The Trust Imperative: Participants learn the core dimensions of trust and consequences of low vs. high trust relationships and organizations. They evaluate their own relationships and determine the degree of their personal trustworthiness.
- Collusion: Participants identify harmful or collusive patterns of relating to others. They see how they become trapped in such self-reinforcing patterns of behavior and explore ways they can minimize or avoid them in the future.
- A Change of Heart: This module focuses on how people can break out of the cycle of collusion. Using stories, exercises, role plays and personal application exercises, they learn to view others from unity and trust and how to create safe and trusting conditions from which to build better relationships.
- Face to Face Communication: This module introduces for styles of communication: Dominate, Avoid, Accommodate and dialogue. Participants determine how and when they use each of the styles as well as the advantages of dialogue over each of the other styles.
- Interpersonal Dialogue: Core Principles: The module introduces participants to the interpersonal dialogue model. They learn how to establish a foundation of unity, respect and goodwill, build a pool of shared understanding and make agreements so everyone wins.
- Interpersonal Dialogue: The Steps: Builds upon the core principles of dialogue by teaching a nine-step process for engaging in dialogue. Participants learn through stories, exercises and role-playing how to resolve sensitive interpersonal issues with honesty and goodwill.
- Harnessing Harmful Behavior: One aspect of building trust is setting clear expectations. This module teaches leaders skills in performance management so they are able to confront poor performance and elicit a commitment to improve.
- Strengthening our Relationships: Understand the critical features of a vibrant and strong relationship and develop skills to interact with others in ways that strengthen their ability to clarify their vision and handle life’s problems.